The third day of our festival ended with the glamorous ASSITEJ Gala at GRIPS Hansaplatz, where the ASSITEJ prizes were awarded.
The ASSITEJ Prize honors artistic innovation, scholarly achievements and cultural policy participation whose goal is to support, strengthen and make the performing arts for young audiences in Germany visible.
The ASSITEJ Presenter Prize honors those who make guest performances of children’s and youth theater possible, thus combining hospitality, professionalism and artistic competence in the design of the schedule of programming.
Traditionally, the ASSITEJ prizes are awarded during the Augenblick mal! festival.
Winners of the ASSITEJ Prize:
- Rudolf Herfurtner (München) for his work as author of different genres for the performing arts for young audiences
- Andrea Gronemeyer (Nationaltheater Mannheim) for her impulses for contemporary musical theater for children and young people
- Theaterwerkstatt Pilkentafel (Flensburg), specially Elisabeth Bohde and Thorsten Schütte, for their longtime theater work as well as their forward-looking concept, which opens up an established place for culture to new generations of artists and defines it cross-border.
Winners of the ASSITEJ Presenter Prize:
- The konzert theater coesfeld, represented by Dr. Ulrike Hoppe-Oehl from the Ernsting Foundation and Bettina Maurer, responsible for the children's program
- Wolfgang Barth from the Bürgerhäuser Dreieich
- Katja Spieß from the FITZ Zentrum für Figurentheater in Stuttgart